Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things I've seen lately...

So today, I saw some humorous things in Taiwan.

Item #1:
Living in Texas, I've grown up seeing my fair share of my mullets. Living in Austin, with a high gay/lesbian community, I've seen Fe-mullets as well. With the population density of Taipei, I was bound to see an Asian mullet, which is of no real surprise. Now, I've seen it all: an Asian Fe-mullet. Her front said she was butch, but her back said I'm a princess! The bonus is, I'm pretty sure she wasn't a lesbian, it was just really bad Taiwan fashion.

Item#2:
I saw someone wearing a t-shirt today that said "I "recycle" Boys" using the "recycle" symbol instead of the actual word. Pretty neat shirt I thought, girls wearing it would be pretty funny. Except it was a guy wearing it. It would be funny, even if it was a gay guy wearing it, but I'm almost positive that this is just another case of bad Taiwan fashion, or people not knowing what the things they wear actually say. It reminds me of this old video (Language NSFW):



If I could have captured a sneak picture on my iPhone, I would have submitted it to http://poorlydressed.com, where I found this lovely gem:



There's a lot more bad fashion I've seen over the last few months, but these are fresh in my memory, and I've been wanting to blog more anyways. Time to ride the MRT during rush hour again and see if there's any new observations I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment