Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The storm has passed...

And with it, a calm has settled here in the form of brilliant blue skies and an air of change lingering through the clouds. Yet winter looms. The time of year I both love and hate. Only time will tell how much change this year's passing season will bring, but hope springs eternal.

I meet up with my friends from home for a much needed vacation in a little over two weeks, and that Friday can't get here soon enough. I look forward to catching up with friends I haven't seen in a year, to hearing and sharing things I've missed in my absence. That's really the hardest thing for me, not being there for my friends when they need a pick me up and vice versa. New friends are made, but they will never replace the trusted confidants that have been developed over years of bonded happiness and sadness. I still search for that dance partner in life, but she eludes me. The game teases me. Mocks me even. But I hold my head up and keep moving forward. That's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment